I want to get back in the habit of having dinner parties?

I used to love to entertain, invite people to my home for dinner and good conversation. Once my career ended, I gave up on all that sort of 'required' entertaining. How would you go about getting back into the swing of having company over to my humble home. I have not entertained on any scale since I sold the McMansion and purchased my very humble home? Thanks for any ideas. Also, I am single and don't want it to be a matchmaker, or look as if I am shopping for a new love.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 4:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• I agree.........start out small with a couple of close friends. Practice makes perfect!! And don't make a new recipe for company unless you have already tried it ahome first. I had a couple of disasters with that!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Have a potluck instead. People like eating different foods cooked by different people.

When we have potlucks, we get ALL kinds of different ethnic foods on the table. Love it!

Everyone loves the food. It make it easier on the host as well.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Start with just inviting a small group of girlfriends. Call it a girls night in. Have fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Invite people for a dinner party and make sure that you would also invite a guy who is very good looking. This will put some spice to your party. Have fun!
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010