Im tryin to break My 12 month old daughter from the bottle & instead of sucking on the sippy cup top she wants to bite it & let it run out of her mouth, how can I get her used to drinking from it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be careful of the soft plastic sippers. Her sharp teeth could actually bite a small piece off that she could choke on. At 12 months my husband threw away all bottles and pacifiers. As a sahm I cant tell you what a long 2 weeks that was. When she played with her cup I took it and put it in the fridge. She son learned to do just fine because there was no other choice.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• get the one that you have to suction for it to come out.You know what I mean....it won't spill unless you suck on it. i have those for the kids . gottem from walmart they had a sale got 2/1.00
    GoldenWhite

Answer by GoldenWhite at 4:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my girls just chewed on regular sippys too, so i tried the sippy cups with the straws in them. they took to them right away and at 10 months never looked back to the bottle. now they are 15 months and completely understand how to use a normal big girl cup too so the straw doesnt affect that.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My son had a really hard time adjusting to the sippy cup. I had to just keep trying different kinds until I found one he liked. Once he mastered the idea he was fine with any kind.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 5:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Someone told me this the other day, only put milk in their sippy cup, when they want a bottle just put water in it. It won't take long for them to realize that what they want is only in the sippy cup. That is what someone told me they did the other day. I weaned my son at 11 months old and it was no trouble at all for me but I know a lot of people that are having problems. Good luck!!
    Loveit_84

Answer by Loveit_84 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2008