Do you think McCain will change his running mate?

I hope many Americans will watch the debate. McCain's choice has already been called into question over and over, and I think tonight is going to be the the last straw for many voters who no longer wish to have their intelligence insulted and realize that the country needs leaders who at bare minimum know what's going on and have real plans. My fear is that in this close election McCain WILL change his running mate but wait until the last minute to allow that person as little exposure as possible and up his chances, betting once again on the ignorance of the people.

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Thanks ny.chica (and hi! love seeing you here!). That is good information. Her acceptance threshhold is nearly that of W's... that's not good for her and is dropping considerably faster. With this trend she might want to move farther away than Alaska!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• it seems that most were excited about mccain having a woman as the running vp, but now that she has had interviews and exposure on how she spent the tax payers money in alaska among other things (updating her office etc), she lost many fans recently! i didnt know they were allowed to change running mates, but if he does, hopefully he will let us get to know the new one. but in my eyes, a republican is a republican lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• He can change but he won't because it will be detrimental to the campaign.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I don't think he will change because then he will appear sexist and all the women who are voting for him because palin is a woman won't vote for him. But yoooou are right, if he does it will be a last minute thing to avoid more disasters.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Nope no way, She is a breath of fresh air in a stale political atmosphere. I'd love to have all our Government working for us.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• this is what those polled are saying:

"In advance of tonight’s vice presidential debate, fewer than four-in-ten (37%) Americans say Sarah Palin is qualified to serve as president if necessary, while a majority (63%) say her opponent, Joe Biden, is qualified for the job. More than half (52%) viewed Palin as qualified in early September. Women are slightly less likely than men to view Palin as qualified. Both Palin and Biden are viewed favorably by a majority of Americans, but while views of Biden have remained virtually unchanged over the past month, the number of people viewing Palin unfavorably has risen from 32% to currently 40% as views have become increasingly polarized along partisan lines."
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• If he does, Obama will have won the race. McCain cannot afford to make his campaign decision making look weak by questioning those decisions. I do, however, think he is wishing that he accepted less money and crossed party lines to have Lieberman be his running mate.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• FOr his sake...I hope he does. At the same time if he keeps her that gives Obama a better chance so I hope he doesn't.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• McCain will not be changing his running mate. He completely supports Palin.

Here is an article... http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080929/ts_alt_afp/usvotepalin

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 11:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I sure as hell hope he does not change his running mate. I like Palin she is real. She has acutal problems that most of us face every day and she does not try to buy her way out of them like so many others in politics do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2008