Have you ever had some one stop you out side your home and tell you that you no respect for your self need to put clothes on before you get raped?

I had some one say this to me a little while ago when I took the trash and dog out. I was wearing my night clothes a spaghetti strap with pants and fuzzy slippers. No nothing was see through. I mean really WTF is the world coming to in the judgment department? Have you ever had any thing similar happen? Would you ever have the nerve to do this? What would you have done? For once I was floored completely speechless. Wow is all I had as a come back.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• She was a busy body Bitch...her hubby probably cheated on her and she thinks you might get him too

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:00 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Holy crap, I'd have gone OFF. That was completely uncalled for. I"m sorry that happened to you, that is AWFUL.

It has never happened to me... people don't usually say anything negative to women of my stature lol (almost 6 feet tall and built like a linebacker :p) And I certainly would never say anything like that to another woman, how horrible! If she ASKED me what I thought of her attire and I was unimpressed I would probably tell her I thought she could do better, but seriously, come on.

And since when do rapists pick their victims based on how revealing their clothes are?!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• it's the people who are afraid of their own bodies that are the first to try to put down those who are comfortable with their bodies. they're not worth your time. just tell them how sorry you are that they are so afraid of their own body that they have to put other ppl down, and then walk away
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I absolutely do not agree with that lady. She was wrong to say that to you. I certainly don't believe that you would have been raped based on your clothing, but I do believe in decency where clothing goes... when you are in public - even outside your home, you should wear something that covers your bod. Get dressed or put on a bath robe to take the dog out. I say this mostly because of all the Wal Mart pictures of people wearing their jammies to shop there. It grosses me out and I think it crosses the line of decency.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You should have mooned her.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Nope never had that happen but woe be the one to try it.  They would be lucky to survive the experience.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No,but when younger (20's) i'd get the evil eye over some of my attire back then.As I got older (35 now) I no longer felt the need to dress so slinky..not that a sketti strap shirt is too slinky.Personally,I don't go out in public in pj's lol..but i'd never say such a thing as that lady did to someone.If I said anything at all it would certainly be worded differently.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You should have mooned her.

LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Do you live in a bad area?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Was it a guy or a girl that said this? If it was a girl, I would have given her the stink eye and said mind your own business... if it was a guy, I prolly would have hurried inside and then told DH. .. creepy.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2010