For those who beleive in God.

If he came to you right now and said, I am God, and I'm going to send a rain storm that wipes out the earth, start building a boat. Would you build a boat? Would you just buy a nice big boat? Would you tell anyone that God spoke to you?

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 6:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Personally I would ask god WTF is the deal. We aren't good enough yet you created us? You've done it once.Do you really love us that little? If were screwed up then you made us that way! Accept responsibility and fix the recipe. That doesn't mean start from scratch just throw in some fix it's. If I started from scratch every time a recipe didn't work nothing would ever get cooked. I am very disappointed in the fact that the god I love is a quitter with little faith in his creation. Now go to your room and think about what you've done. You think I'm kidding just try me!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'd call him on it... he promised never to do that again.
    mamapaparazzi

Answer by mamapaparazzi at 6:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have to agree with mamapaparazzi, God said he would never again destroy the world in a flood and sent the rainbow as a sign of this promise.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Okay lets imagine that the first flood didn't happen and now was the time and God came to me. I would question it because I am not a very confident person. I would ask why me? And be fearful I couldn't do it. I would get it done though. If my God asked something so important of me I would want to please him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Let's see - his word is that he would never do that again. So, it could never be God.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• First words out of my mouth would be, "Prove it. Prove you are God." and my next action would be to call mental health because I'm having hallucinations and in need of some medications.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• hotmama scares me...you try to test the God you claim to love. it doesn't work that way. He is higher than you, unless you've switched teams, in which case..would explain a lot. if you haven't, i'd think you are the one that needs to go to your room and rethink things.
    just sayin'....poop or get off the pot.

yes, scripture says God promised never to flood the earth. but hypothetically, if He hadn't, and He did as you suggest, actually came to me and requested this work, i'd have to do it. yes, i'd be freaked out, yes, i'd wonder 'why me?', but really..if a god/God that you believed created the universe and all its inhabitants, past/present, physically and audibly came to you..what more would you need, if you ever needed proof? of course you'd do as He commanded/asked/etc. yes, everyone would know what was going on, as they did in the OT story. you wouldn't have to tell-suddenly building a huge boat is hard to miss!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Wow hot-mama86 is really upset... God gave us free will and we all make our choices in life. Some good some bad. We can not put our poor choices in Gods lap and blame him for them and then get angry when things do not go our way. God does not leave us, we leave him, that's when the recipe get's messed up. It is not God that has little faith in us, it is his children that have little faith in him. He gave his own son to save us from ourselves. Christ is his fix it. Yes God allows free will .Some of that free will can have a world wide impact of destruction. One selfish choice from just one human being can and will impact an entire family or nation. It also goes the other way...One SELFLESS choice can give hope and light to the world. The Holy Bible is filled with letters and documentation as well as a pretty well laid out map of how we can live our lives that are fruitful. A tree with damaged roots will produce bad fruit.
    MasterMindMom

Answer by MasterMindMom at 9:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I agree with hot. If you need to keep doing this something is wrong. He sent his son to clear away sin he did this he did that. Well there is something wrong here. This is why I can not grasp the concept of the christian god.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Honestly, I would call the doctor! I would just assume I had flipped my lid and needed more meds!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010