My 1 year old is potty trained, but she keeps... adult content

peeing in the middle of the room! I spank her and put her in time out for it, I know she can use the potty, so why's she peeing in the middle of the floor!

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 6:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow really a vote down. I can understand the other ones I get but this really. SAD.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• She's not potty trained if she's going on the floor. You should NOT be spanking a 1 year old. She shouldn't be punished at all for something she shouldn't be expected to do. Some kids are ready earlier than others but you can't choose when that is. Potty learning can't be successful if your way is to hit and isolate her when she goes off the potty.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Chances are, sh e is not ready. I know some will claim their kids are potty trained at an early age but not all kids are the same, and the majority of the time, it is more, that the parnet is trained to read the cues. Stop spanking her for this! You will only make it worse. She cannot physically control her bodily functions at this age, and punishing them for that can lead to very big problems. Perhaps you should just accept that your child is not ready to be potty trained yet.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• your 1 year old is not potty trained and you need to get that out of your mind because if she was then she would not pee in the middle of the floor!! Please back off her put her back intot diapers and continue with the bowel and bladder training. Kids do not have the muscle & brain synapse connectiions to be potty trained until they are closer to 3. Give her a chance to be a baby it will be gone soon enough - trust me!! Good Luck!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I agree with the first poster.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Not all children are ready to use the potty at age 1. While I have read the lit on the diaper free stuff, I felt that was more parents being trained then the child. Childrens bodies are not all capable recognize the need to go at age 1. Please stop spanking her for something that is not her fault.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Please stop spanking her. Read up on potty training and when a child's body is ready.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I doubt that she is potty trained. Most one-year olds do not have that kind of control of the muscles which start and stop bodily functions. I think your expectations are a little too high for her.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Stop spanking your 1 yr old. It OBVIOUSLY ISN'T WORKING!
    And she's not potty trained if she's peeing in the middle of the floor. Most children are not ready to be physically trained until they are closer to, at, or older than TWO.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Google "toilet training readiness" and read some of the websites suggeted. There are many. One is http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-readiness-checklist_4384.bc. You can cut and paste this into your browser or just use any search engine for toilet training. Your child deserves for you to take a few minutes and do some research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2010