Anyone into pet adoptions? Animal rescue? in Northern Virginia?

We are a family run photography business and we would like to start getting into pet photography. We were looking to get some practice/work in with some local leagues that need very special pictures getting their animals adopted. Anyone have any leads?

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 6:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pets

• NO ADDS IN Q AND A
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I didn't think this was an ad - sorry.
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 6:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Are you asking if anyone know of someone or an organization that might aid you in your photography of pets? You might want to call your local animal shelter or the ASPCA.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 6:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I was looking to HELP some organizations - I've already contacted all the local ones. I was just wondering if there was some small mom and pop organization that someone knew that needed help. I figured I could promote them on FB and places - one has gotten back to me - I just thought maybe someone might know something. This was not an ad - my website is not listed - I just get so much good, helpful, FAST feedback from Cafe Mom - that I would ask.
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 6:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Unfortunately I don't live near there. . . so I am of no aid to you. But GL. . . and I agree. . . CM is good with fast feedback. :)
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 6:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Wow I got voted down for giving a fact of guidelines. Thats nice. Good thing I don't report and warned you so the ones who do report and come on later didn't get a chance. NICE
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• What?!?!?! You've lost me.
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Is Mouth of Wilson near you? They run a terrific rescue, although it's mostly horses they do have dogs as well.

www.rugbycreekanimalrescue.org

Thank you for wanting to help!! :)
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 9:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• This isn't an ad.

An ad is listing what she does followed by prices and numbers to make appointments.\

OP, google rescues in your area and call some of them and see what they say.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Couldn't find Rugby Creek address - looked up the web page and looked really nice. Could make a day trip out of it sometime if they contact me back. Thank you. Horses need homes, too - but I don't have a farm.
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010