Does anyone know of a special needs child in the foster care system needing an adoption placement?

I do foster care, and would love to adopt a special needs child from the system. I live in Maryland. I also do respite for special needs children. I train other parents to do respite also. Any information would be appreciated. There is a website advertising Care givers. Caring Communities is my company.

RobinMcMom

Asked by RobinMcMom at 7:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Adoption

• www.adoptuskids.org

All these children are currently in foster care & are available for adoption.  These are the kids that are considered hard to place.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Google search "ADOPTION".. there are many sites with children waiting for a home & many of them are special needs! I praise you for wanting to do this! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:38 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• There are tons of them in the system. You just need to get in contact with your worker or with the state. Best of luck. I am a foster parent too :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• you must foster thru a private agency? lots of special needs/medically fragile newborns in the system. the county social workers will know. and the waiting children list~on line~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• WHAT IS RESPITE FOR SPECIAL NEEDS
    beautifulwom144

Answer by beautifulwom144 at 1:34 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Respite care is when the foster child(ren) go to another family for a short period of time to give their foster parents a break.
    JessWulf84

Answer by JessWulf84 at 5:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2010

• http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsisterhaiti.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F07%2F20%2Fupdate-on-monroes-situation%2F&h=80438

Please look at this link....
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 2:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010