Anyone living in Georgia and sending their child to pre-k this year?

I think I am behind on enrolling my 4 year old for pre-k this year. What should I do? All of the elementary schools in my area either don't have pre-k or are all booked. I did go to a daycare center but they had a waiting list. I don't know what to do. Am I too late? I kinda want him to stay home this year but his pediatrician suggested school so he can be around more kids his age.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in

• I don't know where you live in GA, but in my area, most churches offer preschool. Even though we're not particularly religious, both of my kids went to a church preschool because it was a quality program and we loved it. The cost is comparable to or maybe even less than the ones at daycare. You do have to pay for it, so I'm not sure if you're simply talking about the lottery-funded preschool or not, but we opted to pay for the church one because it was a better program with small class sizes and other benefits.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2010