do you wash your

does anyone wash there childrens toys in the washer? rattles and stuff like that? blocks etc... i seen an ad on cl where this lady said that the toys get washed thru the washer and handle it very well.....
is this something i dont know about??? have you ever done it? what was the outcome?

firstimemomm603

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all plastic toys get put in the dishwasher

all soft toys go in the washing machine

anything that has any electronic parts, just gets surface washed.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I can't say I have ever done that. I'd be too afraid it would tear my machine up and i'm sure it would be quite noisy as well lol. I used sanitizing wipes to wipe down my childrens toys and if they are really needing a good clean then i soak them in bleach water.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No, my plastic toys I run through a mix of bleach and water every so often but I've never even tried putting them in the washer. I would think they would get beat up.

Answer by missanc at 8:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wash plastic toys by hand when needed unless my dog takes them out into the dog run. Then they go in the dishwasher.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• thats what i was thinking i use the bleech wipes and it takes about two hours to do all the toys alone....so i was wondering...i know the dishwasher is good for some things also....and i was also thinking it would be really loud!!!1 thanks ladies lol
    firstimemomm603

Comment by firstimemomm603 (original poster) at 8:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I used to babysit a girl and her mom would wash bathtoys in the dishwasher.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Just wipe them down with sanitizing wipes or a very diluted bleach water mix.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I do it exactly as DarkFaery131 is doing it. But I heard that blocks can be put in the washing machine, never did it myself though. Would be too loud :-)
    jaliam

Answer by jaliam at 8:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wash plastic toys with soap and water - by hand. All soft toys go in the washing machine. Anything with electric parts just gets wiped down.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i have never washed toys in the washing machine but i have washed with soapy hot water in sink,,i have also used the dishwasher to wash plastic toys like rattles than i rinse well with hot water from sink just to make sure no residue from dish soap
    summerbreeze28

Answer by summerbreeze28 at 8:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2010