Heat Index

It is too hot to go and do anything outside. What are you doing with your little ones instead?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have lots of fun stuff to do in the house. We have taken our empty water bottles and a rolled up ball of aluminum foil and bowl. We also fill the bath tub up and "swim". You can play dress up, and if you have little girls (even my DS loves to paint his nails), you can have a spa day in side. You can create robots with empty 2-liters of soda, google eyes, pipe cleaners, feathers, anything else you can find. There are lots of fun things you can do that will keep them occupied.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Join the club, the heat index where I live will be about 100 today. My 5 year old is sitting here playing with legos... LOL... I would just enjoy being together in the AC if you have it!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 8:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It's index 105 here... I feel so bad for my kids. We watch movies, color, play games, playdo. Not too much to do inside...
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I live in Tucson. If you didn't go outside because it was hot you would never go outside. Babies go outside in Tucson in 100+ temps. Breastfed babies don't need wateer even when you live in the desert. I don't have AC in my minivan and my toddler grandson has eczema that gets worse if we drive around in the heat.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The heat index is going to be 105 here today and today is my son's birthday - he wants to go to Zuma - it's an outdoor amusement -type park - it's going to be interesting.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would take my son out in short spurts, but now that i have a little one, its way too hot in a stroller for her, so unless i can find someone to baby sit, its play in the house. I tend to let him play with crazy stuff in my kitchen or climb all over everything when he has to be confined in the house!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2010