Horror Movies

I love love horror movies. But have not found any good ones lately. Any suggestions for new or old gems that I might sit down and watch this weekend?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• i thought the saw series sucked. A good horror flick should not just be about blood & guts. I don't understand how anyone can say those movies were good.

they were terrible... "Let the right one in" is AMAZING! Great story line, scary, great acting. It is a foreign film, but has won many awards.

the shining is my all time favorite though...

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Lots!!! Sleepaway Camp 1 and 2 are good. The originals like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Night of the living Dead, Wishmaster, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Psycho. Old horror like Creature from the black lagoon, Dracula, The mummy, etc. Polrergeist, Carrie, Halloween. (All originals no remakes!)
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The SAW series is great! I would love to watch them all in a row!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:01 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Cabin Fever, 30 Days of Night, Evil Dead, Hell Raiser, The Decent. Remakes of The Hills have Eyes and Dawn of the Dead are both good...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Oh shit...Audition. Japanese. Terrifying. Yes, it makes you uncomfortable...but that's not all it does. It takes you down a spiral of psychosis prompted by an unscrupulous casting agent, and makes you uncomfortable while the heroine/villian triumphs. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly how you feel when it's over, because the messages are so conflicting.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Saw series
    Fourth Kind (hubby liked it more than I did but it was pretty good) although I'm not sure how much of a horror movie it is

I really recommend some Asian horror movies if you're wanting a good scare. The lack of well known actors to me makes them much easier to get into. Ju'on, Shutter, Unborn but not Forgotten, Eye, and many many more.

The Mist was good

but I'm a bit out of the loop with movies LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• LOL but GRRRRR!!! At High Tension!!! Total rip-off of Dean Koontz's Intensity!
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• We just watched "The Crazies"- it was actually pretty good and kind of freaky since it was based in a small town not far from Cedar Rapids which we are only a couple hours away from. I also love Dawn of the Dead.
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 9:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• maggiebella25... I LOVE Cabin Fever- sometimes the most scary things are the ones that can actually happen in real life you know. It just wasn't a rash it ATE their flesh. That part with the dog was scary to me because I'm afraid of being killed by one, but the ending with the guy getting shot after not even getting sick was a total rip-off of Night of the Living Dead.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• How about Cujo or Tremors. Love those old movies.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010