I am on disablity that will not let me work a full time or scheduled time job. I am considering going back to school and getting my license for massage therapy. My biggest concern is this; I have a migraine every day that I can at least function. Some times I cannot even function and those can last up to a few weeks. This program for massage therapy is 9 months. Should I try?

I am wanting to help out with the finances since my disabity check is not enough and my DH is on salary (he works usually 60 hours easily). I can work up to $900 per month to help out. I try to substitute during the school year and I love doing that with the K-3rd !

guyandtoni01

Asked by guyandtoni01 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• Hmmm... I can relate to head pain! I think that you need to find something you can do on your schedule, where the migraine won't dictate or deter you from going to work or school. It is a shame that you couldn't find something to do from home, be it work or schooling. Massage Therapy I would think would require hands on training, so to speak! Research what is currently being offered at the vocational schools/community college in your area. Think outside the box and you may find something that will work out.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am currently in massage therapy school and I can tell you from my experience and looking into other schools, you can only miss so many classes before you have to retake that class again. Plus, it's a lot of information to learn, they go a lot into anatomy and business and if you miss a class sometimes it's very hard to pick it up and keep going. Also, if you have to cancel with clients because you have a migraine you won't be able to build up your client base. If you know when you usually get migraines and can schedule around that, it might be something to concider, but I would really think about it before you spend the money on tuition. I would look into taking online classes. Some programs you can take at your pace. I was looking into the physical trainer program and you have a long time to be able to complete the course and you work at your pace in school. Keep looking to see what's out there.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 9:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a migraine every day

it may help it may not
    but do you eat anything with artifical food dyes in
    my daughter had reaction, finally figured it out and so took out of her diet, when i did, i did not eat any and .....

my migranes went away
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2010