How do you feel about reading for pleasure?

I love a good book, as does my husband. Everyone I work with HATES reading like to the point that that they make fun of me and my boring habits. ( I don't care ) They just really hate it. It's kind of funny to me, someone who likes it so much that when They start talking about certain movies I'll ask did you read the book? And the answer is 'Hell no! I am not reading some boring book. Gos I hate reading!!.' (Seriously) I just find it odd that they can say that it's boring to read when they loved the movie so much. I mean the book is so much more detailed and more intricate. I dunno. HOw do you feel about reading. Why?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love reading... I always have a book or some sort on the go. Whenever I go on vacation I take a pile of reading material with me!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• OMG!!! I can not live without my books!!! My DH's uncle helped us move recently and was complaining about all my books saying if I have already read them why not just toss them. . . I was horrified!!!! Books are wonderful. I will read the book before watching the movie, gotta read the book!!! My DH reads a lot too and supports me habit.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 9:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love to read!! I wish I had more time to do it though.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I hope your coworkers are not as lazy in their jobs as they are with their free time. If they consider reading to be boring and would rather see, an oftentimes lesser quality, version of the book. I just hope your job doesn't include fixing their lazy mistakes!!

I love to read. Spend a great deal of time reading--when I can. Migraines get in the way of that sometimes tho. My favorite genre is the murder mystery. If someone doesn't die in it, then I probably wouldn't be interested in it. LOL.>>I have found a lot of jewels tho.

I also love to read 'children's books'...even tho I don't really consider that to be a bad thing. I love a good story!! And some of the best are targeted to children.

I also always insist my child read the book before seeing the movie. I want her first impression of a character to come from her own imagination--not some director's.

Happy Reading!! :)
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 9:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love to read. Usually the book is better than the movie, but sometimes I do watch a movie over reading the book. I LOVE Paper Moon and I love the movie. The movie is only 1/2 of the book.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i love to read i feel the same way i looked at a few of my friends that said the same think wow you are dumb i even got a few of my family members to read books even after they seen the movie and the loved the book better. Well at least u know your not alone in this world when it comes to book and please i am looken to reading something knew if u have any suggestion please let me know
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love to read. There is always a book lying around our house. I take a book in the car, camping, and a couple of times even out in the boat. Our friends make fun of me- heck even my husband makes fun of me. My dad is just like me and loves to read too. I kind of freaked out on our friends that we always go out with when they made fun of 9 1/2 YO for bringing books with him. Never ever make fun of a kid's love of reading!
    Nindy

Answer by Nindy at 9:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love to read, but sadly I am one of the only people I know who chooses to do so of her own free will.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• love to read!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I love to read! Just finished "Honeymoon" by James Patterson. My husband doesn't read and says I should be doing something more constructive with my time. Hmmm.... I said "somehow I don't think laying prone on the couch flipping the station 100 times an hour is actually productive, maybe I should go to the mall and shop instead." That shut him up!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2010