Really? Marley and Me but not little Rascals?

Uhg. My friend will not let me take her kids(6 & 9) with my kids(4&7) to see the Tues. AM movie here, Little Rascals. She said it's in bad taste and teaches bad habits. But she let them watch Marley in Me a very grown up adult film. I am not getting her judgment. I mean it's her choice and that's fine, after all they are her kids. I just really want to understand. I just don't get it! I can't wrap my brain around the logic and I really want to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think that the "Little Rascals" is a movie that has bad examples for children. I believe if you are really looking at any film you could find a reason not to let kids watch it, but I think doing so is ridiculous. "Marley and Me" is definitely for older children, tweens, teens, and adults.
    crazycoolmom3

Answer by crazycoolmom3 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i think marley and me is a really nice movie i mean its all about the dog and the fam. i let my 2 year old watch it and he loved that (we used to have a dog he loved like that one and he thinks thats it) it makes me cry when i watch it but i love it. but then i agree with you in the other one. i dont think it sets a bad example i think that movie is good to. i would let my son watch it
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think it is up to the parent(s) to decide what she wants her children to watch. It sounds as if she has already given you her reasons, just accept them and move on. The last thing I want my friends doing is analyzing what movies I do or do not allow my children to watch or any decisions I make regarding my children! Parenting styles are different ~ I'm sure that you don't want her analyzing your parenting style ~ right?
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 9:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010