Why does this happen so often?

Isn't anyone out there looking out for kids???
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/22/texas.autistic.children.killed/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Asked by older at 9:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I remember reading the case files of a forensic profiler a few years back and in one of the cases the mother was found dead on her doorstep, she had shaved her head, baked a cake, set the table and then proceeded to attempt to hack her own right arm off with a steak knife before succombing to blood loss, she was in the process of trying to get herself to the hospital when she passed. She had wrote a letter that said the voices told her that she was going to stab her four children with that steak knife using her right hand...

No one knows what made that woman snap, no one knows whether Casey Anthony meant to kill her daughter or not, I doubt we'll ever know what in the world this woman was really thinking when she decided to kill her own precious children.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• People are sick...
    Reminds me of casey anothony..
    I

SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:31 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• people see what they want to see, especially when it comes to abuse. people don't like to get involved, as much as i hate saying that because it stinks, and i believe people who knowingly let something like this go on, without getting involved, are just as guilty as this mother. i can see God asking me, ''what did you do when you could have done something?''..i wouldn't want that on my heart or hands.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:39 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I can't even go to the link.These stories are so depressing.Poor babies they didn't ask to be here and certainly not to be taken out by their own mother..ugh horrible.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:47 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Thats horrible in any instance but who would you have "looking aftter" them 24/7
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• SunShine, they are sick but what really gets me is that this were not newborns, she had some years with them, nobody saw any signs of distress that would lead to this???

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• dull, I believe you are right, what a sad statement for this society we live in!

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My question is, what should they have looked for? The house was neat and tidy, and prior to their deaths the kids were well cared for. that woman is a terrible person, to be sure, but I don't think it was anyone's fault but hers.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yeah lovin, but in almost all these cases you never see a father figure, where is the dad? anyway, you need to be involved very personally to notice anything wrong, because to the naked eyes most of these women look normal.

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It sounds like the mother just cracked and went over the edge.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2010