Christian Music/Secular Music

I got to thinking about this on the way to work this morning, what do you listen to in the mornings to get your day started? Do you choose music that get's you in line with God, or do you listen to rock or talk show?? I think this really does set the tone for the day.

ShelbysHope

Asked by ShelbysHope at 9:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• in my mind all music is aligned with god... our most innate sense as humans is music. did you know that stroke victims lose language before music, and can also lose music, but can NEVER lose rhythm?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• WHat happens when you listen to rock? Does it feel evil to you?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I listen to Chrisitan programming in the morning (particularly during the school year). The local station plays alot of very good Bible teaching programs in the morning. I listen to all types of music during the day. I genereally listen to contemporary Christian in the car. At night I sometimes listen to Soundscapes on cable TV.

sahmamax2, It doesn't feel evil, IMO. lol.
    I like different types of music, secular and Christian, tons of different genres.
    There is alot of newer music mostly, rock and different genres that contain lyrics that are just so...sad and hopeless. And there are some that just have bad messages. I suppose there is evil music out there. I don't listen to stuff like that.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm a Christian and I listen to everything. Rap, Country classic rock, blues and bluegrass. It may set the tone for the day for some, but I wouldn't say that for me. I can jam all the way to work to SRV and be calm as a cucumber all day, and then listen to Rap on the way home....no changes.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't really listen to music in the mornings.

CharleneS.

Answer by CharleneS. at 10:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Anytime I'm in the car I have the same station on... It's mostly top 40... If I'm home I will put on PNR (Pagan Radio) or I will just put on my playlist of 80's -90's stuff! Really it depends on my mood!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Right now, I throw on smoe Cradle of Fitlh or Dir En Grey to get going in the morning.. anything to wake me up.. (stupid pain killers)
    Normally, Queen, Gackt or Lunar FIre would be playing.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Country! I love it. Sorry don't listen to that I find the music and lyrics to much like other stuff.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I usually listen to Christian music stations when I'm driving. I rarely have the stereo on at home, and when I do it's sometimes Christian music and sometimes other.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• liberal talk radio or Paddy Punk
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010