If you were in my position....what would you do?

My soon to be ex boyfriend doesnt work. He is insecure, controlling, selfish, and disrespectful. He has not always been this way. He doesnt respect me nor treat me the way that I deserve. I have tried to speak with him about this and all he do is push my feeling to the side as though I am tripping on him. He knows how to make money but he is greedy. (legal way) Its been two weekd since the last time that I tried to talk to him and every since then I have started to communicates with someone else (long time friend). I have been kool with this guy for 9+ years and I have witness him growing from a boy to a man. The man that he has become once was my ex BF. My ex has change for the worst, he has became sneaky and not trustworthy. Ladies, please help me understand what I am not seeing. There is more to this story but only so much that I can say, because there is not enough space. Invite me or message me. I need some real advice...

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 9:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• so are you asking if you should get back with the other guy or what to do about your soon to be ex?? im confused
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Hon it sounds to me as if you have already made a choice and are just looking for someone else to say 'go for it!" so let me be that one, DUMP the user and get your good guy! Everyone deserves to be with someone who will trust and respect her. The guy you are with, according to you, does neither. Why waste your time with a loser?

You want real advice? That's as real as I can make it. Never hitch your pony to a wagon with no wheels! You'll never get anywhere doing that. My gramma always said 'you can lock up from a thief but you can't lock up from a liar--so avoid them!"

Good luck to you!! :)
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 9:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If you would like to give more background information or get a more in depth answer feel free to message me.
    To answer what you posted here-- It sounds like you have good reasons to dump your soon-to-be-ex. If it were me I would dump him too. As for the long time friend, if you like him and he is not already with someone, then why not pick up and resume the friendship? You can take things slow and get to know each other, become friends again and then if both of you feel a connection then start dating.
    I hope everything works out-- good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• tell me more about your story this ex of yours sounds like an ass
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i think you are asking if you are picking bad men as choices
    if so
    if you have a soon to be ex
    why start another relationship
    maybe spend all this effort on your life
    and not get into another relationship
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:01 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think dealing with this great guy friend of yours is a bad idea, he will only make your current situation seem worse. My advice if you are that unhappy get out. Then you can resume any friendships you may have, just make sure you don't leave one guy for another that is always a recipe for disaster.
    Mrs.Z32

Answer by Mrs.Z32 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am not looking to be with my long term friend I just spoke with him for some advice (male opinion) and he gave me some honest points. But then my soon to be ex started goin through my cellphone bill calling my long term friend. MY long term frined was on some real stuff to him and he took that as a threat. I asked him to leave because the apt is in my name and so is all the bills so him leaving will not hurt me. We have been broken up for a week now and he still want leave the house. I dont have time to go through all the legal ways of doing things because I am a working mother (40 hrs a week),school (2 dys a wk), and raising a child(24/7). I dont need all this bull crap from him. (I am VENTING).
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I asked him to leave because the apt is in my name and so is all the bills so him leaving will not hurt me...............................................................your place, give him a wrotten notice of eviction, get it notorized and make yourself a copy, after one week if he is not out, change the locks
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010