whats a pregnancy stress test or non stress test? (not sure what its called)

lilae86

Asked by lilae86 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You just go in and they put some straps around your belly to monitor the baby. It monitors the activity of the baby. That is all. You basically sit in a chair for an hour being bored.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• the only one I know is non-stress test. They hook you up to a monitor that monitors your baby's heartrate and you push a button every time you feel the baby move. It's super easy, but can be boring just sitting there LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• oh ok i wasnt sure if that was it or not my ob never tells me anything they just do what ever they want
    lilae86

Comment by lilae86 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yep, just lay there with straps on and they monitor you and the baby. When I had my third son at the age of 38, I had to have one of these every week for the last 18 weeks because I was OLD....no other reason....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:04 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It's an NST - non stress test. They just put 2 monitors on your belly and just monitor the baby's heartbeat and depending if you have felt your baby being active you have to push a button every time your baby moves. I had to have this done a couple of times towards the end of my first pregnancy because my daughter wouldn't move, but of course once they connect you they start moving around like crazy and kicking away lol.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:43 AM on Jul. 23, 2010