Have you ever asked someone if they have Cancer?

I was asked yesterday if I have Cancer. I do! I lost my 3' long Angel/Barbie hair. Barely have any eyebrows or eyelashes.. Etc.. It did put me in a unhappy position. Since I live in unbearable pain. She was a stranger. But I'm wondering if you ever asked anyone if they have cancer? I knew someday people would ask..

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not unless I REALLY knew that person and they would understand that I was asking out of concern and wanting to be a shoulder if they needed it. I would never ask someone I wasn't close to.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I asked a lady at the dog park if her dog had cancer, after she said he had a large tumor on his side lol.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No. I would never ask. Currently I am dealing with a father with cancer and a FIL with cancer. Both already had terminal heart conditions so I can't say any of it is going to be easy. I would hope while the two of them are out in society that nobody comes up to them to ask. It's hard enough just to have cancer, I think you have handled it pretty well online so far!! You sound like you are doing o k these days girl! My prayers continue for you, bless you during this time.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Well, since you already know me you know that I wouldn't just ask I wonder when I see people and I talk to them when I have heard that they do have cancer. As you know my grandpa died with bladder cancer my FIL just died with prostate cancer there is a gentlemen down the road form my dad that found out he had cancer about the same time you found out.
    I am so sorry you are in such pain and hurt so bad you know my thoughts and prayers are always with you. Much Love!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would never ask anyone if they had cancer. That is very personal information and if a person decides to share that information with me then that is fine... I find that asking strangers or people you don't know that well if they have cancer very forward and kinda rude IMO. Working in the healthcare field, where I deal with cancer patients all the time I understand how they feel and respect the privacy of people that do have cancer.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 10:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Maybe she had helped a family member before and wanted to extend some caring to you. I know it is a different and difficult experience and maybe she wondered if she could do anything to help? I have never asked, usually people have told me.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No. If I don't know them well enough to know it anyway, I don't think I would ask anyone.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010