Do we have any quilters on CM?

If so what is a good size for a baby quilt... I want to have one made.

MTM

Asked by MTM at 10:15 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Here's the address to a really great (& active) quilting group on Cafemom.... You can get some great info there!!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/627

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think it kind of depends. I sew a lot but have only done a few quilts. I've found that most of the time theses days, quilts are usually hung on the wall. most 'crib size ' ones that I hear of are 3 feet by 5 feet.
    myself, I figured out how big the wall size was where the quilt would hang, and worked with that.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes we have the most awesome group "Quilting Moms". a good size baby quilt is about 45-50 inches by 50-55 inches, and yes I quilt.
    butterflymeme

Answer by butterflymeme at 10:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Thanks ladies I want a crib size made .
    MTM

Comment by MTM (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I used to make mine 36" by about 30".  They were based on a blanket that belonged to my husband when he was a baby.  My quilts were never uniform size but were close to those and mostly fit a crib but were just about the right size for baby/toddler.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2010

• 3'X5' feet I guess. Good Luck on that and finding what you needed. I wanted a special one made for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. But my cancer and us being jobless put a end to that dream.. Good luck getting what you need and want!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Thank you all for your help..Theres a lady in my group agreed to do it for me .
    MTM

Comment by MTM (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2010

• Most of the ones I have made are 36x48.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2010