Do you think is harder to raise boys or girls? Why?

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 10:19 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have an 18 month son and I'm 6 months pregnant with a girl, so I haven't raised both.
    But from everyone that I have talked to, they say boys are harder when they are younger, and girls are harder once they hit the teenage years.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 10:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i think girls are uaually easier as kids, but tougher as teens. I think boys are usually harder as kids, but easier as teens.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:23 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am on raising boy number 4. Two are biologically mine and the other two were my stepsons that are now adults and out on their own. The older two were 4 and 6 when my now ex husband got custody of them. My sister only has girls. My nieces were practicing PMS since there were toddlers and now that they are teenagers, they have it perfect!
    I have never had the problems with the boys that my sis has had with her girls. I think boys are easier all around.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have to go with girls I have 3 kids 32, 30 & 8 I can't say what will happen with my 8 yr old as of yet but my 32 yr old daughter was much easier to raise even all thorugh high school then my son ever was.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Having a boy you only have to worry about one dick in town, with a gilr you have to worry about all the dicks in town!! (That's what my sister say's anyway, lol)
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Keep in mind mine are girl 5, boy 4, and boy 18 months. I think girls are easier for the time being. My DD will be energetic outside, but then she is able to be calm inside and she will cuddle with me to watch a movie. My boys never stop. There is no draining energy from the boys. We are go go go and they keep going lol. And my boys are also more emotional than my DD. My oldest boy cries about seemingly everything and my 18mo old is a mommys boy so he follows me around and cries at my feet to pick him up.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Girls.. Cuz I've never raised a boy! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my mom raised 6 kids all boys n me.. she said i was def. the hardest
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a girl and 3 boys - I always wondered why God only gave me one girl - then she turned 13 and I knew....Girls are much more difficult than boys - girls have middle school issues from day one - boys are like - whatever. Girls are DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA - boys are like - whatever. Girls have PMS 365 days a year - boys, a temper flair up every now and then. Did I mention the DRAMA? So with boys, you get a broken bone once in a while - you slap a cast on it and that's that. Girls, you get a broken bone and you can't coordinate it with all her clothes....Oi! Boys - boys are easier.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 10:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You know, I have a 2-1/2 year old boy who never sits still , he's stubborn and extremely strong willed.. and also he's just like his father, whom I love but he's a lot of work cause he doesn't know when to SHUSH .. he just keeps going and going.. just like our son does not.... I watched my niece since she was born and she has been SOOO easy and content and relaxed and eager to please... I am waiting for that "boys are easier later" to kick in though - I love my son with all my heart but believe me when I tell you that he is fully making me earn my title as a mother! I Am glad I won't have to deal with girl drama - however, my son is very dramatic so I think I have a taste of both sides there.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:11 AM on Jul. 23, 2010