Would you like to be wealthy?

If you won a lottery, or inherited a large amount of money, would you give it all away? What would you do with it?

MunchMunch

Asked by MunchMunch at 10:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know anyone who would give away a an entire fortune. LOL Some may blow it, yes, but not give it away.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't understand the "hate the rich" mentality either.
    How is it wrong to have too much money? How much is too much money?
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 10:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• why do people think you have to inherit it or win it, to be wealthy. and why in the world would they give it all away. One does not become wealthy by giving it away.
    I'm sorry Munch, this post strikes me as funny...people have so many misconceptions about money and wealth.
    read the millionaire next door.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I consider myself wealthy with more than just $, but if I were to have a large amount of $ in my lap I would share it with loved ones and secure their future.

Answer by older at 10:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would prefer to be wealthy rather than poor. But if I never become wealthy, I won't be disappointed either.

If I won a lottery I'd probably give away about half right away, set up some annual charity donations, and keep the rest.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 10:25 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Why does it have to be money? We are comfortable, but after the birth of my daughter I felt like the riches person in the world. We never thought we would have her and she has filled my life with so much more then money ever could.

On a side note I would never give it all away, but I would put some of it to good use by donating to very worthy charities.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• First and foremost I would take care of my family. I would pay off our house and do some work on it including landscaping (our yard is Awful!) I would also purchase us 2 good condition pre-owned vehicles. I would also buy my dad a new used car and help pay some of my mothers medical bills. We would go on a nice and pay for my husbands brother and his brothers daughters to come with us. I would definitely make a large donation to Scottish Rite Children's Network and a Large donation to The farm my son does his therapeutic riding at (they are non-profit-some months a loss) I would also contribute a lot the food bank that has been helping our family off and on for a few years now. The rest( if any was left) would be in savings. I would continue to work though I would cut my hours. DH would drop his second job.

Yeah we have had this wishful conversation before.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Bezu, for the "hate the rich" crowd, too much is any amount more than they have.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I don't play the lottery and I don't expect to inherit a lot of money. I will get my wealth the old fashioned way, I am earning it. I have worked hard growing 1 biz into 3 and I have had my kids with me the whole time. I don't consider myself to be rich financially, although some do. I have so many rich areas in my life that overall I am very wealthy. If I get the big bucks..woo hoo. I can make sure my kids have a secure life, if not they can do what we did.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I feel wealthy in other ways too.

My fisrt great-great grandchild was born on July 20th. A boy 7lbs 7oz..

The sad thing with our government, he is already in debt. LOL .

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010