My husband is gay...update for those of you asking for one!

We are getting a divorce, but will wait until I have money saved to do so (probably within the next year or so). Our plans before all of this came out were to move to my home state because thats where all of my family is. We are still going to do that, but will obviously live in separate houses. He is a great dad and would never abandon his children. (5 and 7) but being pregnant would have been very stressful.

He told me that he has been gay for awhile, but married a woman in hoped that it would "go away" I know he is deeply sorry and I am not angry. Am I hurt, yes, but I have forgiven him and will get on with my life as will he.

For right now, we will continue to live together until the move and I have enough money saved to feel secure. This is the best thing for us. In the meantime, I am trying to re-gain my independence. I have lost sight of who I am in the past 11 years of marriage and I'm getting ME back! Wish me luck!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I think I read this somewhere else didn't I ? I wish you the best of luck you are a strong woman and you will survive Good Luck!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Good luck! I wouldn't stay with a gay husband either.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• good luck! I think you are doing the right thing. your husband is lucky to have a understanding woman like you as the mother of his children. Let this be a new start for you, I bet you have a good life ahead of you!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You're a strong woman! GL!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:35 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes honey I wish u good luck. It will be hard at first,but don't give up.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Good Luck, I'm really glad that everything is going to work out to the best for you and your children. But I'm shocked it took him 11 years to come out.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Best of luck to you. It sounds as though you have a good plan.

Answer by Bmat at 11:07 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Good Luck Mama...He and your children are very lucky to have you in their lives!! I wonder how many of us would be this understanding, should something like this happen.
    CarlaH20

Answer by CarlaH20 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Why split? He's a good provider, a good father to his kids, why throw that away? Why not consider an open marriage? Both of you can then find those to fulfill your lifes without sacrificing the family unit.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I wish you the best of luck!!Things will work out for you.Dont ever give up on yourself
    jodi43

Answer by jodi43 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2010