okay so i am five months pregnate now and my mom is finally helping me out. but now the dad is gone(left me for another girl) and i am now single and pregnate and scared to death i need advice please!!!

nervous2007

Asked by nervous2007 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• My (ex)husband left me when I was 5 months pregnant too. All I can tell you is lean on your family and friends. They will help you like you wouldn't believe. Just rely on them as much as you can, and be strong for your baby! It will get less scary, I promise. There are a ton of great single moms out there. You will do fine!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Be strong and do not fear. You can do this. Once your baby is here you will learn that you are its mom and nobody can take it away from you. I was in your shoes and everything turned out fine. You will be amazed at what your are capable of doing once you are given no choice.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I really dont know what to say ,,but get as much childsuport as you can from him...And if he has his nerve to want to see the child I would tell him NO with a lot other bad words with it

Answer by louise2 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I seriously urge you to consider adoption. It gives a child a much better opportunity. My son-in-law was adopted and he would tell anyone he was very glad he was. He knew his bio mom was unwed and his bio dad was a loser who was an alcoholic. He really is glad his bio mom had the desire for a better life for him. And he has a great life and truly enjoys his family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• For starters dont give your child up.I wanted to do that and now I am glad that I didnt..My ex and I was together for nearly 3 years and the last near was the worst of it all.I wanted to give my son up and I am glad that I didnt.I love him..You will have a really hard time with everything..And sometimes your friends arent your friends.You will probally find that out when you have they baby.They stop talking to you and hanging with you less everyday...So count on ur family more..Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i;m still married but i know after 2 boys that women are stronger without men we dont need them if you need help just ask someone close to you all i can say is make sure he takes care of that baby make him pay child support but let him see the baby when it is born you can't refuce a child of a father a child needs a father but women don't need men. hope this helps.

trick or treat

Steph925

Answer by Steph925 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am really sorry that you are going through this, but in all honesty, if a man leaves his gf and his unborn child then he is not someone worth being with in the first place. Im young to be pregnant and when I first told my boyfriend we were both very confused and nervous. We considered adoption, but then realized that keeping this baby was the best decision even if it it meant losing some of our personal space. Adoption is a consideration, but not one to be taken lightly. As for yor mom helping you out, Im really glad that you have someone to help get you through this. Before I became pregnant my mother and I had a really unstable relationship, and now we are closer than ever. Cherish your mother at this time and learn all you can from her. They are the best teachers.
    amandamarie89

Answer by amandamarie89 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've been down that road 2. I have 3 children (2 of them from a previous relationship). When I was pregnant w/ my oldest daughter, her father told me she should die bc he thought I cheated on him and that she wasn't his. Since then, I've met a wonderful (and I do mean wonderful and amazing) man that has stepped up and raised my older 2 like they're his own. No ?s asked. So, yes it'l be hard @ 1st, but hang in there nc as ur baby grows up, he/she will c their father 4 who he really is. Hope this helps!!!!
    Anonymous

• all I can say is woman are stronger then they think giirl you can do it I have a man he lives with me dosent work or help i do everything might as well be alone.. you can do it just dont worry ..
    Anonymous

• Girl, Let me start off by saying I'm pregers and single too. My story is a little different. We broke up, he went with someone else, then I found out about the bun in the oven. I decided to do it on my own and have been blessed with the support of friends, family and co-workers. I joined this website today because I see that I'm not the first, I'm not the last, and I'm not the only one that is going through this. There are times when I'm sure you feel down, I know I do. The focus can't be on YOU anymore it's about the baby. The baby will feed off ur emotions. Dry those tears and talk to your belly and reassure your child you've got each other. I know it sounds weird, I do it. Its a form of serenity.
    norma_lee

Answer by norma_lee at 11:07 PM on Oct. 5, 2008