Spin off of the reading for pleasure post- Are you alliterate?

If so, why? Is it due to lack of time? Or is it that you just don't enjoy reading at all? I love reading and I just can't picture myself not reading at least a little bit each day, so I was wondering why people who don't like to read, well, don't like to read. This post is not meant to put anyone down, I am just trying to pick into your brains, lol!

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:45 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• there are plenty of people on here that are reading right now. Some people would rather read online, or a newspaper rather than getting into a book late at night. I've never net anyone who admitted they don't like to read. I think that some just like to read a lot.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• "illiterate". LOL

No idea. I read a ton. Have been since age 2 or 3.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• illiterates are people who are not able to read...alliterate or alliteration is different having to do with repetition of consonant sounds.

I love to read, for pleasure or for information. My DH does not like to read. He has a comprehension problem that was never worked on as a young child. He can read..he just doesn't enjoy it, and has to read things a few times to get what it is he needs to comprehend. Sometimes he will aske me to read it for him...like directions and then he understands just fine...we all learn in different ways.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• LOL@BradenIsMySon.. & I like to read, I just really dont have the time.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If any of us were "Illiterate" on here we wouldn't be able to read your post. The definition of "Illiterate" is someone who is unable to read or write. Not someone who doesn't read for fun.

But to answer your question .. I do love to read. I love Hisotrical Fiction, Realistic Fiction, and Historical nonfiction. However, I just don't allow myself the time to sit down and read. I've lost patience over the years and that hasn't helped either.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• "Alliteration" - My Mom makes many mistakes making mini muffins Mondays . That is Alliteration.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Bradenismyson, no I mean alliterate. Illiterate means you can't read. Alliterate means that you can read but choose not too.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I write therefore I read and have since I was three reading is awesome who knows why other people don't like to read
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Samurai chica, good point. My husband's family doesn't like to read at all- books, magazines, newspapers, online, etc. I was wondering how common that is.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i have macular degeneration...and reading words on a page is quiet irritating! audio books are a wonderful and give me great joy!
    the computer is a wonderful place to read too...because i can enlarge the page!
    Leezah

Answer by Leezah at 10:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2010