how long after someone takes a fall...

aiden fell really hard on our tile floor.
how long after someone tkaes a hard fall does the risk for a concusion subside?
hes tired but im afraid to lay him down...

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 10:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• since there is actually no treatment for a concussion, other than rest & take it easy, I'm pretty sure you're safe to let him take his nap.

as long as you are pretty sure there is no real injury like a fracture (which I'm sure if you thought there was, you'd be at the ER instead of cafemom) just let him sleep. If it makes you feel better, check every hour by tickling his cheek, if he turns his head, he's not unconscious.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'd check on him every 20 minutes wake him up make sure he's fine other than that I'd call the dr if you are really worried. I have always heard not to let them go to sleep if they hit their head.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Call your DOC!! They will ask you some questions, tell you what to look for and when/if he might need to be seen. Concussion symptoms can take 24-48 hours to fully develop. I treat this is High School age and above... but things are different with the very young, so I don't want to give you the wrong advice!!! Just call and check with your doc... they know your child's age and medical history, etc... we do not, so we really can't comment on this!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010