In need of a stay at home job that pays out I tryed some but had no luck tried of scams!!!!

Ms.Ro3

Asked by Ms.Ro3 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• In home daycare?
    CarlaH20

Answer by CarlaH20 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The best thing you could possibly do when looking for work from home would be to start your own business.  It really is easier than you think.  I have lots of ideas and even some opportunities on my blog:  Mavi's Home Work.

eBay is a very easy thing to start and it's also a very quick way to earn money.  That's always my number one choice.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:18 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• For most legit jobs you have to go to work. If you know someone you can do remote bookkeeping for that may work. I know someone who listens to calls from a call center for quality and disputes but she still has to have child care or free time to do conference calls and such. Have you looked into medical trascripting?

I honestly think it is best to get a job and use child care if you have to work. I know it is hard. You could also work opposite shifts of your SO or clean offices at night while he is home with kids.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i tried too, found a few scams and gave up... let us know if you find a ligit one...
    i tried envelope stuffing-was a scam, they wanted you to set up all this stuff (that costs money) and then print out all these letters, just like the BS one they sent to you first and so basically, you could start scamming people and make a profit-if you have the time and money to do everything it requires you to do before you make n e money..or if your like me and refuse to scam people like myself-sahm's who want to make a little extra cash...then you lose the 40 bucks you paid for the information you no longer want. GRR!
    eleecpht

Answer by eleecpht at 11:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have started my own business w/ gold canyon candles. I have tried many at home businesses and found that this one is by far the easiest to sell and make money at .Gold Canyon is indeed a wonderful and flexible opportunity with all of the perks of "party plan" (hostess credit, customer and host specials, and other sales and discounts) but with a lot of flexiblity in how you run your business. We also have a fantastic fundraising program.

I do believe that our products are unparalleled in ANY market, direct sales or otherwise, and 80-90 percent of our business is repeat business from people who won't burn anything else once they discover Gold Canyon quality (like me, for instance!!)
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents
    westathome.com

Let me know if I can help with details or questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a newsletter with ideas to work at home if you are interested.  www.freedom2bhome.com   

Also, if you are interested in joining my team of independent affiliates. We do online marketing promoting marketing products to home business owners.  www.freedomtobehome.info 

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions. :)

Kim

imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 2:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I see a lot of posts that ask for legit work from home JOBS. Although there a list of companies I could give you that do offer you to work from home, you are still considered an independent contractor with them. This in actuality means, you are doing your own business. They also have the right to terminate you for any reason they want and unemployment does not cover this. I have worked a couple of these so i am just speaking from experience. I did still have to get Daycare because they require you to be completely noise free. I am not great at telemarketing or cold calls and thats basically what you will be hired for. You will also be required to do a background and credit check with some, and they make you pay for it as well. I dont want to tell you what to do, but starting your own business is the same as trying to work with these companies except that you can work having your kids around :)
    KaylaCeleste

Answer by KaylaCeleste at 3:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• check out my journal! they have helped many people
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2010