Was Senator Joe McCarthy correct?

www.examiner.com/x-37620-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m7d22-VideoResurrecting-Joe-McCarthy-Marxists-in-our-government

Since the early 1900s the Progressive Movement has gradually increased its power and influence over American society, particularly in the halls of government.The movement is based on marxism despite its vehement denials..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes he was right, and so was his partner on the panel democrat Robert F. Kennedy.

But sadly the progressives have rewrote history on what really happened.

I know, I was there, I remember.

Sean Penn's father was blacklisted, guess the acorn does not fall far from the tree.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• By the way, I read all about it at that LINK and....the old dude IS living in the past. He is seeing Commies all over, around the corner, in all walks of life amd it s clear he needs some help. I will honestly give all sides of the political spectrum a chance but THIS? No way. He goes way beyond being a conservative and has moved into Lala Land,and he is living at Paranoid Place...
    Crazy stuff..etc.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Oh man... I knew it was only a matter of time before the wingnuts on CM started trotting this crap out.

Either you are sorely in need of a history lesson or you really ARE that dumb. I'll go with history lesson because NO ONE could possibly think McCarthyism is a great idea. Jesus...
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 12:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Plus there are a lot of Marxist in our government now, they have changed there name to progressives because Communist (Marxist) got to be a bad word.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Bernie Sanders is the only one who will honestly outright tell you he is a socialist.

Maxine Walters slipped up and let it be known she is a socialist.

Who is it that says he wants to spread the wealth?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Sorry, no, he wasn't right and he started something mean,nasty and evil in the 1950's....rumors and innuendos, that ruined innocent people and it was based on his own wish for power and his paranoia. I was old enough to observe and remember in those days and watched the "Army-McCarthy Hearings" on TV with my Mom. We were horrified by McCarthy and felt such sympathy for his victims.
    No way could our country see another repeat of the McCarthy WItch Hunts. It was so wrong then.....but we are all smarter and more aware now.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The recent references to a second McCarthyism have really been making the rounds lately. He was a reincarnation of Cotton Mather from the Salem Witch trials days. Three is a charm and with the strong influence of mass media (tv, radio, internet, print publications) this same brand of paranoia is quickly spreading.

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• What?! NO!

What he did was ruin lives with innuendo and accusations. He used his political power to oppress and vilify innocent people. That is not only morally wrong, it is illegal and unconstitutional. Are we really at a point where people see good in McCarthy's assult on civil liberties? What is happening in the US!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• This type of crap shows how FAR people have really lost it mentally...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yes McCarty did go overboard but he was right, and it has been proven, on so many things.
    ________________________________
    Hey pay attention. He was accusing people of being TRAITORS AND SPIES. Just a little FYI, it is not illegal to have different political beliefs than the government. He was not right to accuse people of being russian spies and traitors because he didn't agree with them. I don't think you understand the issue at all.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:39 AM on Jul. 24, 2010