bleeding at 14 weeks??can it be my "period"?

i went to er last night for four hours for the same thing but the bleeding stopped. now i wake up bleeding its not that much but its not "spotting". and my doctor wont see me until the 27th.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 11:17 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was in the ER at 15 weeks because I was gushing blood and passing clots. Turns out I had a partial placenta previa and a hemorrhage behind the placenta. I was placed on pelvic rest - no sex, no lifting over 15lbs and only light activities. For me, I spent a good portion of the next few weeks sitting and resting as much as possible.  I am now 37 weeks pregnant and haven't bled since that weekend (the bleeding lasted 3 days or so).

lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 1:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• were you on any type of bc pills before becoming preg or did you take any meds to help become preg? Or to induce periods?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• brown better than red
    brown could be implantation or could be more
    TAKE IT EASY!

but even if more issue than implantation, it can turn out fine

i had placenta previa, i was told at 15 weeks that i WOULD bleed again, i did NOT
    was told WHEN i do bleed i could herrmage and they would have to take baby and maybe have historesctomy
    so not given great odds at all
    i never bled again, had to have c section one month eraly, but daughter was born healthy

gl
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:24 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i was on birthcontrol before i became pregnant! and its like a redish brown!
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• have you researched the side effects of the bc pills or asked the doc about break through periods after coming off of them.. did you get preg while taking them or just shortly after? If you arent having any cramps or pains i wouldnt worry but if so then maybe you should make a trip to the ER.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010