Losing weight?

I need serious help. I look disgusting. But the thing is sometimes I travel so it's hard to not just eat fast food. And sometimes I'm just broke. So I need food ideas for both traveling and being broke.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 11:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• hmmm tricky, tricky! when i go places that i cant help but stop at a fast food place, i still go there but buy the "better for you" menu items. fruit parfaits, salads, side salads, and drinking diet sodas dont work because your still gaining with the fake sugars they put in there, so ice water is your best choice, i lost 2-3 pounds fast just going from 7-8 diet sodas a day to 2 sodas a day. look up your favorite fast food menu's online and see what they offer that isnt so full of fat and calories. As you make better choices, you will feel better about yourself.

As for being broke..well, maybe stick to sandwiches with a side of your cheapest veggie, and your fruit as a snack.as a diet until you have some money to buy all the ingredients for a whole salad. but you dont need to eat salad for lunch and dinner, dinner can be open to anything as long as you limit your portions. just enough to make you feel satified
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When you're home, you can try this: buy a bag of romaine lettuce and bag of spring mix, toss together. Add chopped carrots, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes (regular tomatoes don't hold up as well over the week) mushrooms, green peppers, and whatever other veggies you like. Put it in a large tupperware container and eat every day for lunch (I add a cut up grilled chicken breast and a little oil and vinegar each day). If you're going to use cheese then I would shred a small amount of lowfat mozzerela or natural provolone. You can also use this every night as a side dish with dinner. It makes it easy to eat more veggies when you already have a big container in the fridge. Only drink water, skim milk, and limited amounts of 100% juice. Make smoothies every morning with fruit, unflavored yogurt, and skim milk or OJ. Whatever you have for dinner should be grilled/steamed, not fried. Chicken and turkey breasts, salmon, etc.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Just try to eat as naturally as possible and I promise you that icky feeling will start going away. I feel the same way when I eat processed or fried foods. Good luck!
    mommymela87

• I forgot to answer about fast food. I'd reccommend to try to stop at places like Chik fil A or Subway as they have healthier options. At Chik Fil A you can get a grilled chicken sandwich on wheat (no mayo and add lettuce and tomato). At subway get the lowfat subs and apples or yogurt. Even McDonalds has salads, you might want to buy some individually packaged vinagrette to keep in your purse though, they usually have high fat or high sugar dressings. And get the grilled chicken, not the "crispy." Just remember to say no mayo on everything because they tend to wayyyyy overdo it on that stuff.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010