do you ever feel like there is not enough of 'you' to go around

and putting yourself on the list of things to do ..is a joke
getting a shower in would be a treat
time to drink a cup of coffee without warming it back up three or four times
one of those days, warm up the cup, when i get to it-it is cold again!
and the ever popular thought of..."oh yeah, i was going to go to the bathroom a hour ago"

how to survive the too much on list, not enough hours in the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I often feel this way but I have no kids they are all grown, but I also did when they were small.
    Just think about all the free time you will have when they are adults and gone!

Answer by older at 11:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• yeah i feel you & i have only 1 kid & i still feel like there is more
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I feel ya! I've got a two year old and an 8 mo. old. If I get a full nights sleep AND a shower in a day....I'm good. Forget trying to do something just for me. I'm lucky if I can keep the kitchen clean let alone the rest of the house. I also feel like a short order cook with a picky toddler, making baby food/finger food and trying to keep my husband and I fed. I would LOVE to lose some baby weight but that would require time for meal planning and exercise. I got 15 minutes in this morning - go me! =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I agree with older. I was about to type the same thing...I generally felt that way all the time when my kids were very little and I had to help them with everything. They are still very young but more independent now. Just keep in mind that this babyhood, this time when your children are so needy and demanding...it will pass and you will miss it. I know that it's hard to imagine when you crave a shower and a fresh hot cup of coffee and just a few minutes to yourself uninterrupted in the bathroom. It will pass and it will pass quickly and then the next stage will have it's own demands and limitations on you. You will get through it. Just take one minute, one hour one day at a time. Steal a minute when you can. :)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:56 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have a friend with 4 children all under 9yrs. She is a pastors wife, she home schools her children, she has them in several activities.
    She some how finds time to visit with friends,spend time with her husband,even go out on dates and much much more.Plus she is breast feeding there 8 month old son. Any time I go visit her the house is clean except for a few toys. She finds time to read the bible every day go for walks and more. She even finds time to get on face book and chat. I do not know how she does it all.
    SassyDee01963

Answer by SassyDee01963 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010