Any other Christian Witches?

I believe in God/Jesus, but I also do spell work. Candle magic, spells for myself, meditation, etc. Now, I realize other Christian religions may consider what I do to just be prayer because it's things like spells for inner peace and what not, but I did lots of research in my younger years and realized that organized religion got their "ideas" from the different pagan religions. Such as the Catholics and their candle lighting - candle magic. Your basic prayer is just like any basic spell that I do. I just have no illusion that what I do is purely Christian.

Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wicca/Pagan/Christian Witch group

End Religious Intolerance and Ignorance

You should be able to find some there and you won't have to deal with all the ignorant comments!

Good Luck Sister! I wish I could be more help... I'm a Witch, and I do not rule out Christianity, but I'm Pagan firstly...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I guess I might still be considered one. I grew up Catholic and then explored Pagan paths for awhile. I did some candle magick, etc. Then I realized I still believe in God and Jesus, etc so I got back into the Church, but I still hold on to some of the Pagan beliefs as well.

And it's not an oxymoron at all. It's just a blending of two paths.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• There are a few here... In fact there is a group for Christian Witches... You should check there... I think there are a few in my Religious Tolerance group too... Hang on I'll get you the links!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I was not intending to offend...just asking a question.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No It's not, witchcraft is not a religion, it's a practice. It's things you do. I explained in the details of the question as to why I consider myself a Christian Witch.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Sounds a lot like my background anime mom619.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2010

• coffeeyum - I did not ask for a sermon.

I asked if anyone else was.

If you're not or don't have a question about it in search of actual knowledge, why did you bother answering? Way to show the "love" by being condescending though!

And since when is Christianity NOT a religion?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Lord have mercy! can't people just answer the question at hand???

Did I ask for your opinions of what religion I am? NO! I am fully comfortable in my path thanks! I am fully at peace with it. If I were not, I might question my path, but that peace lets me know it's the right one for me. I'm not calling on the power of any other gods/goddesses.

http://www.authorsden.com/categories/article_top.asp?catid=17&id=26362 - some info on candle magic in Christianity.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Thanks Sabrina! I tried searching but didn't see anything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Exodus 22:18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
    Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
    Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
    Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
    Deu 18:13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

The Bible is clear that you CAN NOT be a Christian and a witch. It is impossible.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 4:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010