Question about my Hubby...

He has had diarreaha for a week straight - he is complaining that he feels like he has "gut rot" feeling in his stomach ~ he's bloated too - he's been drinking water and eating normally.. He's a bit more stressed than normal but not like anything terrible... he has an appt today soon but I am just curious to what you think.. no fever although today he said he's been sweating.. he's terrified of being sick it spirals him into panic.. I think its probably that mostly - just the stress but a week is a long time.. someone said it could be appendix/ other ulcers.. any of you experience anything like this?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• Stomach ulcers are really, really common. There are so many common GI diseases. An MRI is the best way to determine what's wrong after a colonoscopy. Things like stress, heat, and certain foods can affect GI issues. Make sure he's drinking lots of water to help with the dehydration that comes along with diarrhea. Best of luck to you and your husband!
    SMH2010

Answer by SMH2010 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My hubby's been having an issue like this. His colonoscopy is scheduled for next week.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think IMO that Stress can last that long and make you feel that bad. I know I have with no real ailment. Like above remember to have him stay hydrated. When my hubby had his appendix out he had sharp localized pain. Is it like that? Good luck to you both.
    ohio24fan

Answer by ohio24fan at 12:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• See, I had my appendix out and it was a gut wrenching pain and I was throwing up so the symptoms didn't seem the same.. Ever since having our son and since his family genes are so terrible, he tends to over react but each time, it seems to be "something' he recently had skin cancer removed so he is just a little freaked out.. I think its stress too or an ulcer for how often he stresses - Thank you ladies...
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I had a gut rot feeling and I had to have my gall bladder removed. My gall bladder was pretty much working at a 15%. Maybe he needs that out???
    Good Luck!
    jax3

Answer by jax3 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2010