im pregnant and he wants me to abort it..

Im 16 years old and my babys dad is 19, he says were not ready (which is true) and that it wouldnt be fair to our kid to have parents who arent together. I disagree with the last part because i only had one parent. Hes freaking out and is trying to persuade me into an abortion. My brain says to do it because it will make everyone happy and be best. But in my heart i dont want to, i feel like i should keep it. He has a 3,000dollar a week pay check, (works in an other state weeks at a time). I feel like we can make it without going against my beliefs. What would you do in your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well, that's a decision truly and heartfully only you both can make. If he does not want to care for this child, that will bring TONS of resentment on your relationship. and just because HE Makes that much money, doesn't mean you will make a perfectly happy family life if he's not willing to make it work to you know? I don't know, I wish you the best of luck on your decision..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• adoption.
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 12:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Sounds like you know in your heart what you should do.

Just because you aren't ready doesn't mean you have to abort. There is adoption.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• he is an adult and you are a 'child'
    what does your parent think?
    your parent could file charges against him?!
    but that is not your question, just something you did not mention

I feel like we can make it without going against my beliefs............belief that everyone would be happy if you had abortion??
    i think you need to speak with a counselor that deals with unplanned teen pregnanices
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Selfishness is not a reason for abortion!
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 12:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Well...IMO, what others would do is not the point. It's all about what you WANT to do. This is your decision and yours alone. If you feel that you're not ready for a baby but an abortion is against your beliefs, then there is always adoption. Adoption isn't an easy option, but it CAN be what's best. And nowadays, most couples that are looking to adopt are willing to have an open adoption where you can get pictures and updates of the baby (sometimes even visits!) Best of luck to you. If you need to talk, you can PM me.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 12:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Keep your baby, Sweetie! If he doesn't stick around to help then there are probably some organizations in your area that will give you the help you need. Good Luck!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• dont abort please..... it is ur life but dont do that.... do adoption or something....its not that babys fault u decided to do grown up things, and now he doest want to be a grown up about it... and if u really want the baby then keep it and get rid of the boyfriend......and they get child support ...... dont do anything u dont want to because u will regret it...

i hope u make the right choice
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You are talking about your child and it sounds like you want to keep the baby--so what if he doesn't --you have a lot of love to give and you may regret the decision that you are making. Why be with a guy who does not seem to care about his own child
    orphan

Answer by orphan at 12:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It's a tough situation. I will tell you what I went through, I was a runaway at 16 i got pregnant, I kept my child even though at the time I wasn't financially ready, emotionally I felt I could be a mom. I didn't have the support of my mother when it came to my pregnancy, I stayed in cars and random people's home. I had a job, not a great job but I had one. My boyfriend was older than me so we got a place, it was hard but we manage to make it. I went to school while pregnant and graduated high school. I knew I had to make a better living so I worked hard for my son, so I could provide for him. Abortion for me was never in my mind but that is just me. I think this is a choice you will have to make, how much family support do you have? Do you have a job now? I would love to tell you do as your heart tell you but it's not that simple. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010