Is there a pill that you can take after 2 weeks since conception?

My boyfriend and i think its best we dont have our child.IS there a pill that i can take that will stop it? Technically im one month, but concieved two weeks ago

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There is a pill you can take that can be used up to 9 weeks after the first day of a woman's last period. You would have to speak with your doctor, or call a Planned Parenthood in your area.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• There is an abortion pill. Runs about $150. You have to get a prescription from a doctor. Some Planned Parenthood clinics will give the Rx. Good luck.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 12:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am sorry you are having to make this difficult decision. :(

There are other options besides abortion, which would be what you would be doing if you chose not to continue with your pregnancy. Even though it might appear it is not a good time for a baby, every baby is a blessing. That first time you hold them your soul just melts. Your body is already preparing to mother this child, and your heart already has a connection to him or her, as the baby will be your own flesh and blood.

Just think about the future... your baby already has a due date. It already has a set time to be born. How will you handle that day, with no baby in your arms? How will you handle the day he or she is supposed to turn one? 5? 18? There is a such thing as Post Abortion Syndrome.

I urge you to look into all your options, including parenting the baby, before accepting such finality as abortion. You cannot go back and undo it.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• squish - we don't know her situation. For all you know, she's already gone through all of her options and this is what she thinks is best. She had a question about a pill...she didn't come here wanting people to make her feel like crap for her decision. She asked anon so I'm assuming that she's not going to come back an reply to you. Stop trying to make her feel guilty...I'm sure that she's already there. This isn't an easy decision for anyone. If you can't answer the question asked...then just click back and let her be.

KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 12:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• squish - she didn't ask for options, I'm sure she has considered them already. Maybe this option is the most practical for her right now.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Karo Greenly and MomMom23-
    I am sorry you both feel that way. She has the freedom to ignore my post if she want to.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Karo Greenly and MomMom23 - it's also possible she is scared and hasn't really researched all of her options. I don't think that squish responded in a way that was hateful or spiteful. She simply asked her to weigh her options before doing something she may regret. OP - yes, there is a pill if you decide to go that route. I just hope that you do this becaue you want to and not because someone is telling you to do it. Good luck on whatever you decide.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 2:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010