Smokers: Did you smoke while pregnant?

I did and my child is just fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I found I was pregnant and stopped smoking within 10 days... I just couldn't..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My mom did and I turned out ok. I actually didn't while I was preggers with all three of my kids and actually quit a few years ago... but that was just me.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I did not. I stopped smoking when I discovered I was pregnant, and have been w/o while I was nursing or pregnant AGAIN... BUT, I can't wait to be 100% baby free (Physically anyhow) so that I can start again. I don't smoke tobacco, but electronic cigs, so there is no smoke, but the nicotine still isn't good for the baby, so I do without while they need me like that...

My SIL on the other hand talked to her doctor about quitting once she found out she was pregnant and the doctor told her quitting would be more dangerous than not, so "Try to cut back, but don't try to quit" was his advice...

To each their own!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Cigs?? NO! And my child is perfectly fine too! Two weeks early, 6.4lbs, breech.... But she's so smart and healthy!!! She's SOOO much healthier than I am!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I did with my first && he is fine but im 7 months pregnant now && have been smoke free for about 6 months i believe.
    MulishaMommy4

Answer by MulishaMommy4 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I did/do I cut back a bit but never stopped. My son is fine my nephews are fine, I am fine, my 6 cousins are fine.. thats all that I can think of off the top of my head.

I was high risk with my first (for other reason there is no way smoking caused it) and the doctor told me that quitting would put the baby in stress and would potentially cause more harm than good.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• No, I quit during both of my pregnancies. That crap gets in the amniotic fluid. It's tantamount to locking your baby in a closet and filling it with cigarette smoke. I wanted to give my babies the best chance at a healthy start in life. I cut down as soon as I found out I was expecting, and quit completely by the time I was about 4 months along. Doc said to phase it out like that if I couldn't go cold turkey.
    Your baby may be "fine" but it doesn't mean that smoking during pregnancy can't hurt babies. In fact, I'm pretty sure there is irrefutable evidence to the contrary, but hey--whatever floats your boat.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• yes an Im pregnant now:)
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I didn't smoke during pregnancy. I know women that have smoked during pregnancy, are they really that selfish that they can't put the baby's health before their wants?
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I found out I was pregnant, had one more cigarette, then haven't smoked since.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010