Crohns Disease......

Do you have this? Or do you know someone that does? How does it effect your or thier life? What changes did you make to control it? What meds are you on? How do those effect you (side effects?)? I am just asking because my "specialist" is suspecting that this might be what I have so I have to do a Barium x-ray session on Monday which could take 4 hours to do and I am curious now to find out personal experiences with this illness. (Yeah, yeah, ...I know all about WebMD and Wikipedia for info. But I want personal cases please) Thanks all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• My bff has it,along with ulcerative colitis. She currently on chemo type drugs and prednisone. She can't eat nuts,lettuce,fatty food,tomatoes,citrus,coffee,soda,or any veggie that is stringy,like celery.She has a hard time maintaining her weight,loses like crazy,she's very tired,nauseous,and cranky. Basically...her life sucks! In a few years they're proposing doing a complete large intestine removal-an internal colostomy where there is no bag on the outside,the small intestine is routed to the rectum.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Ok..humm..shall I edit myself or tell you the hardest parts in hopes of making you feel you have it easy still....my son' was dx as a 7 yr old and even that took a few years of tests and hoping it wasn't so. He is 18 now and just did a year without a flare up~he is Humira twice a month...he weights maybe 84 lbs.

My screen name for years was DungBettle~the runny poop, my guy's super low energy, constant need to us the bathroom and then blood~prednisone, sulfa were our best tools..but ya know..taking the sulfa' med off really helped the most. no anti inflammatory med on board right now...just the Humira.

a good group is http://www.inspire.com/groups/crohns-disease/ via the inspire page....the nitty of the gritty....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010