What would you think is wrong?

Ok, let's say for months now, off and on, you have had really achy muscles. You have a lack of appetite (except around your period). Your back basically constantly hurts. And you are always tired no matter how much or little sleep you get.

You have tried exercise, stretching, change in diet, cutting out caffeine, OTC pain relievers, etc. and nothing works.

Your doctor keeps sending you for bloodwork, everything comes back normal and they just drop it even though you keep trying to push it. To you it seems like the doctor just blows you off everything you go in saying that you are only tired and achy because you are a stay at home mom to a 4 year old and 1 year old.

Would you trust your doctor? Find a new doctor? Just keep pushing the old one? What do you think could be wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Health

• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome maybe. Have you been tested for Lyme's Disease?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Ask for a referral to another doc... infectious disease maybe?? Or flat out find a new doc!!
    Did they check for Lyme's disease? Fibromialgia?? Just what I could think of off the top of my head. Good luck!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I think you have momitis.You have two kids to chase after, and keep from killling themselves.you have a husband who probably comes home and thinks you sit and eat bonbons all day.you are just tired from all of your responisbilities.Momitis.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Have you had your thyroid checked?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I would get a new opinion or just keep going back - sorry - I feel that is what our doctors do to us.. I agree it could be momitis too !!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• check your tyroid
    i suffer from a tyroid diseas either tell them to test it or find a new dr
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• yep~you are out of sorts. get a new MD to look at different stuff. we all seem to feel that deep down tiredness so mommaitis if for sure.

if things don't change, then I get more heads in the game...stuff is supposed to change!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• U culd have fibermyelga
    Halogurl29

Answer by Halogurl29 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Thanks ladies (dunno why question posted anonymously). I have had everything checked. My levels all come back normal. Well my iron is a little low but it has been a little low my entire life so that is normal for me. My thyroid, B12 levels, CBC, iron levels have been checked as well as tested for mono and lyme's disease. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As for 'momitis', everything here is actually calm as compared to normal. So nothing should be making me tired. Plus I have been carrying out kids for 13ish years so that shouldn't make me achy, especially since I have been carrying my kids around less and less.

However, the nurse went ahead and set up an appointment for this next week to see where to go from here because at least she believes me. Maybe I will mention fibromyalgia since some of you have. I am just tired of not feeling well.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If you have had Lyme's disease for a long time it becomes harder to Dx that why I suggest an infectious disease doc to rule it out. Good idea to look for some who specializes in Fibromialgia as well. PCP's arent' often good at Dx'ing the hard to find stuff!! Good Luck, hang in there!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2010