33 weeks pregnant

I am now having strong braxton hicks daily. more pelvis pressure . I am urinating and heartburn so much more I sleep little at night. I find my appetite has lessened I eat very small portions and i am having frequent bowel movements. What should I be concerned about as far as preterm labor symptoms? Is this all typical. I grow more miserable and worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that is all normal.

Baby is getting bigger, less room for your stomach hence the appetite & heartburn. Also explains the urinating & bowel movements.
    Braxton hicks are basically your uterus "working out" to get ready for labor.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i'm pretty sure it's all normal. there isnt much room in there anymore so you will feel full from small meals. and heartburn because your stomach is being squished and acid is coming up into the asophagus. your bladder is squished and running out of room. and eating small frequent meals will increase metabolism, meaning you will poo more.

if you start having pinful contractions that dont go away with rest and fluid, call your doctor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I had them for two weeks before my water broke.but then the contractions still never got stronger.And they had to induce labor after my water broke.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I am 36 weeks and have had pelvic pressure since I was 32 weeks. I pee every 30-40 minutes and MAJOR heartburn. I wouldn't really worry until the contractions become regular.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• This is all completely normal. You can expect some severe discomfort during the last few weeks of your pregnancy. Your growing baby is beginning to run out of room in your womb, causing a lot of pain on your part. The best thing to do is drink lots of fluids, take tylenol, and relax. It will all be over soon. Believe me, you will know when you are in labor. If you aren't having regular contractions in a solid pattern for more than 30 mins, then you aren't in labor. Braxton Hicks are expected to increase, but will go away with movement, or laying down.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• All of it's normal. It's just your body preparing for labor and your body coping with the growing baby.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I found that my bh got much worse when I wasn't drinking enough fluids. So make sure you're drinking plenty and eating enough protein.

In general though it all sounds very normal. I can sympathize with the heartburn, I get bad heartburn when pregnant.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i also think what you described was normal. BUT if you are having contractions like every few minutes for over an hour, i would call the midwife/dr. i am a bit more paranoid than most since my son was born suddenly and unexpectedly when i was 33 weeks. i had some bad BH on monday for about an hour or 2 but then they stopped. then i just had a few BH here and there the rest of that week. Sunday, the BH kept coming, and several in an hour so i went to the hospital and my son was born that evening. having them "daily" i wouldn't worry about, but if you have a lot in an hour, i would worry. :-) definitely stay hydrated. i had loads of water that morning, and the nurse at the hospital thought i was just dehydrated because i said i didn't drink but i meant i don't drink ALCOHOL. lol. i told her i had drank like 6 glasses of water so far that day....
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It's all normal. The baby is getting bigger and smooshing all of your organs. This is why you are peeing more and can't eat as much. Also, the heartburn is normal for some people. I am only 24 weeks and my heartburn is so bad that I can't even drink water. Just think!! You only have 7 more weeks to go!! YAY!!!
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2010