Does this sound like early labor?

Last night I had bad BH contractions, and today I went to run errands and ive been getting Sharp pains/cramps and a lot of pressure on my bottom. And shooting pains in my thighs and butt. Should i call my dr or just relax. A bath didn't help

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 1:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds to me like it is but it can also be the false labor pains but either way, I'd call your doctor for an appointment.
    plstrm

Answer by plstrm at 1:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• drink some water and relax. then if they dont go away call the doctor. and time them before if you can cuz they will probably ask how far apart they are and how long they last.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i had that for the last couple months. it was very bad. but to me it sounds like POSSIBLE symptoms of labor starting. i would call and see what they say. how far along are you?
    allykins165

Answer by allykins165 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I'm gunna be 39 weeks Sunday
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It sounds like your body is warming up but labor could still be a ways away. Sometimes pre-labor can last for weeks. I don't think there's any reason to go in yet or even call the dr. When your contractions start getting more intense, longer, and closer together then update your care provider. Until then it's just your body getting prepared. Get lots of rest, lots of water, and eat high energy/protein meals.

Also, don't think of this as "false" labor, there is nothing false about it, your body is doing real work.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• My labor contractions for my 1st child were very irregular. That's why I asked
    KaylaMarie425

Comment by KaylaMarie425 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2010