Pregnancy and insurance...

I currently have insurance and it will cover all prenatal care but it wont cover the hospital stay. I will have to pay 300 per day per person( mommy and baby) Now the problem is our average stay is four days but if the baby is in NICU like my last three were then I will be forking out money I don't have. Would baby your baby cover anything? We make under the average for a family of six. We do have WIC but that is all would it help or would it make us pay for our doctor visit everytime we go in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hey, least you can do is apply! (I think you're referring to medicaid but it may be called a different name where you are) I had medicaid & BCBS while pregnant, medicaid covered what the ins did not, including co pays.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It's worth a shot as secondary coverage if you think you qualify.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• here in kansas we have health wave! it covered our whole stay! and all my doc visits! see if ur state has that! good luck! hospitals charge for everything!!! its insane!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• WIC does not cover any medical expenses, just formula and nutritional items for pregnant women, post partum women, and children under the age of 5. Medicaid is maybe what you are referring to. Medicaid will cover everything that your primary insurance does not cover. Have you tried applying for it? Most get approved for pregnancy Medicaid.. and it can be used as the only insurance, or a supplement and cover copayments.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If you do get acceptance, be sure to report it to your insurance company that you have additional coverage or it can seriously delay your claims.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• You don't have insurance and only have to pay $300/day?? I have insurance and have to pay $500/day. Where do you live - I am coming your way lol. Doesn't hurt to apply - the worst they can do is deny you.
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 1:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Might as well apply for it and see. Pregnant Medicaid is the only insurance I have right now, and it covers everything. Applying for help doesn't cost anything, and it could make a big difference. The people at the WIC office should be able to tell you where to go to apply.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2010