How well do you know McDonald's menu? Is it odd that I don't?

We went to McD's today...which is really weird for us. If we go at all it's usually for breakfast. So we missed breakfast by five minutes...
they'd changed one panel of the menu over. I asked if we could still order breakfast, the girl said no.
I waited a couple of minutes (cashier staring at me) and finally asked if they could finish changing the menu over or if I could see a menu,
and the MANAGER yelled at me.

"we are getting there. We're doing it. How do you not know what's on the menu?"
I said, that's fine, I'll take my money someplace else" and left.

Am I that weird? I like to know prices and things, too...

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That was a bad manager. I've had that same thing happen to me, only they were super nice and quickly changed the menu over. The only thing I know on the menu is what we order when we happen to go there: a happy meal for the kids and a quarter pounder for me. Besides that, I don't know their menu.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Thats definitely rude for the manager to do! I personally know the menu up, down & sideways..thats just because I loooove McDonalds! lol.. But its not weird that you don't!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• That was just rude to yell. :-)
    I go there about once a week and still have to look at the menu to remember prices and see the pictures. :-) Not weird at all!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i would have done the same thing. i dont know the menu either.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i miss macadon's....I gave it up...Totally. It changes a lot...burger king is cheaper, dairy queen..pricey..ya I want to know the new price on that burger..and what the heck is on it~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I know they have a Big Mac and a 1/4pounder with cheese...beyond that..I don't know it. We never go there. If we must have fast food, we go to Subway or Wendy's (I love the chili).
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Lovin... I hope you called or emailed corporate and complained.

My local McD's drives me nuts. You can go anytime of the day, use the Drive thru, order normal stuff and they make you pull up and wait. EVERYTIME I go there. I'm sitting sometimes as long as 10 minutes waiting on fries. Once I got so mad I went in and my food was sitting on the counter getting cold because they forgot to bring it out to me. WTF... They made the mistake of doing it to me once when I was Mystery Shopping their location. NOT GOOD FOR THEM. I have since banished them and go to Wendy's now.

As for your original question...its hard to know the menu when they are constantly changing it!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I know what items are on the menu, but I couldn't blindly tell you what numbers they are.

The manager was rude and that was uncalled for. I would complain to corporate.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lol, I was heated! I blogged about it, emailed corporate, and posted it here...

I've run restaurants since I was about 20, so ineptitude really gets me worse than anything.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Do they even allow the public to see a paper menu??
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010