Your place of employment has a spare room/area...

and management asked employees to submit ideas of what it should be used for, what would yours be?

Mine would be a fitness center/health food & drink bar. We have vending machines in our breakrooms, but of course nothing healthy in them (closest would be Nutri-grain bars, LOL). A lot of us walk during breaks, but being able to use workout equipment would be an added benefit (and save on the price of a gym membership). There's a store that rents out their space from our company and sometimes I wish they would cancel their lease so we could have this, LOL.

I know some would probably say a daycare, and that would be great too, except for my place of employment, they're not allowed for insurance reasons (OKC bombing and 9/11), so we can't even put that idea on the table.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• A breastfeeding lounge is great but it would only benefit a tiny percentage of the employees at that company. It might not even benefit anyone if no one has recently had a baby.

It should be something that everyone can use. I think a gym is the best use of space for all employees. It doesn't exclude anyone unless they want to be excluded.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I say put cots, soft lighting, and soft blankets and pillows. Have a nap time lunch. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• a breast feeding lounge.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• One office I worked at had a spare room and they put a ping pong table in it. There were daily games and it would get pretty intense. Several holes were made in the walls from vigorous games.
    cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 3:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• The gym is a great idea!!

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Yeah I agree that a breastfeeding lounge wouldn't benefit everyone. Fortunately with my company, there are several conference rooms and the manager of the employee who is pumping (can't bring our kids here, so bf'ing isn't an option--it would have to be pumping) reserves a room for the employee to pump in private.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010