If u use Dr. Brown bottles?

When did u know to switch to the next nipple size? My LO is two months and still useing nipple size 1.

nikkik526

Asked by nikkik526 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• when they start to drink and get angry cause its too slow. id say around 3 months swtich to size 2. on the back of hte packs there should be a nipple size and a suggested age for the size.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I used those and I would just test one out and see if he was ready for it if he started to sputter or look like he was getting too much then I would go back to the smaller one. The guidelines that they have on the package are pretty good at estimating just keep the smaller ones around though one time my son got a little sick and we had to use one of those because he was having a hard time swallowing.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 1:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• you can also try it and see how the flow is, if you LO rejects it it's probably to fast, if not then it's prob ok, then just move up like that, My son rejects it and wont drink it if it comes out to fast and then makes a mess.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• my daughter has used the same size the whole time! hmm i guess i should look for a different size she is 5 months old! thanks!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• When you find they are sucking too hard, maybe turning a little red even. Also if it is taking longer than usual to finish the bottle (they lose interest if they are not getting it as much they want it, flow-wise). Be careful when you switch. carefully hold the bottle & be ready if he/she gags. They usually do after you switch the nipples because they aren't ready for it when more comes out then expected for them, but they adjust Fast! Those are the best bottles, I love them! I used every size nipple accordingly & the "Y"cut ones too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lol i'm just like carolina my son is six months old and still with the same nipple size but have no problems with it i guess if its not broken no need to change inless he has problems but thanks for bring it up something i will be aware of from now on :)
    mommasmith390

Answer by mommasmith390 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I read that if it takes longer than 15 minutes to drink 6 oz then its time to move up.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• i moved up bc it was taking her an hour to drink 4oz.
    christina10140

Answer by christina10140 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 24, 2010