Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anybody else in this situation?

my husband is in the army stationed in Washington, I'm in Tx. He ended up marrying another girl january of 09 and she had a baby january 2010. We've been separated since december 08 becuz I found out he was cheating. (I was 9 months pregnant with our 2nd child). He had been saying for all this time he was going to file the divorce but never did. Now that I filed myself last month now he's trying to rush it becuz he wants to get it over with which is getting me really mad. Anyone else been through something like this?

Answer Question

Asked by alyssacabrera03 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Relationships

Level 5 (95 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • I think thats illegal. He can't marry someon else while being married to you.

    Answer by babyangelromero at 1:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • He married someone else before he divorced you??

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • wait..what? how did he marry if you guys were already married..
    im confused.

    Answer by sandraberke at 1:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • Yea he's a bigamist. He got married in either washington or oregon. We have been married since 2007 here in Texas. and when the army found out they demoted him and gave him extra duty for a while but that was it.

    Comment by alyssacabrera03 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • He is a bigamist and that is illegal. He more than likely knows that he could get into major trouble, and is now rushing and getting mad because he did something illegal.

    You need to do what is right for you. Make sure that he is going to give you support for the kids and whatever else is fair. I wouldn't drag it out to be mean, but just do what you need to do for yourself.

    Answer by balagan_imma at 1:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • well if you have filed for divorce why not rush it? you abviously dont want to be with him or he doesnt want to be with get lawyer and take him for all hes worth

    Answer by sandraberke at 1:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • no i havent but i bet that your husband took the seperation as he already has been divorced and didnt bother to file for it (laziness?) so now that you did it...he knows for sure that this is what you want and he isnt looking back so it would make me mad if my husband wouldnt of done it himself and all of a sudden wants to move things along because you made the first move.

    or he could be not wanting to take the blame for the divorce and so now that you filed it he can now say "she's the one that wanted the divorce".

    Answer by americansugar80 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • My husband's father did that. He was a soldier stationed in Korea, married a Korean woman, brought her to the states, had 2 kids, then left her and married another woman and had children with her. My husband hasn't seen his father since he was 12 years old. His mom didn't even speak English when he first deserted her and the kids, which were then 5 and 1 yrs old. My father also had a similar experience. His mother died when he was 8 yrs old and his father left he and his brother on their grandmothers doorstep. He had been having an affair and ran off with the other woman. He never had anything to do with his kids again.

    Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • Does his other wife know? His marriage to her is not a legal one. Once you get divorced,he'll have to remarry her. I'd turn his ass in to the IRS and every other government body I could think of.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

  • That is illegal. You need to ask for half of the BAH he receives, since you are legally married still, you are entitled to it! You also should still have Tricare and such! Call the legal office or his chain of command and demand your portion of the BAH! The Army should NOT recognize his new marriage because you two are still legally married.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.