gallstones

Has anyone ever had gallstones, that they said were not in the ducts just numerous were present in the gallbladder. I found out this week that i have them, after two months of killer pain, and 3 trips to the emergency room, when i went to my ob for my post partum check up i told her about the pain i was having and how the emergency room wasn't doing nothing about it. They kept trying to tell me it was just acid reflux. Those idiots. i kept telling them no it is not it hurts way to bad. i have been living on hydrocodone for the pain untill i got my health insurance. I meet with a surgeon on Monday. My question is will they want to remove the gallbladder or treat is with medicine? What do yo think?

jaceyrayesmom

Asked by jaceyrayesmom at 11:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Health

• Gallstones that are bad and causing severe pain are usually treated. surgically. Most Surgeons do this Laparoscopically now. (you have three tiny poke holes instead of a big long open incision. Recovery is much quicker. The problem with leaving gallstones in place is if they block the ducts. That can cause rupture and all sorts of other complications.. Good Luck!

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• they will take it out. the above poster is correct about the surgery. i
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 2:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I've been down this road b4. When I was 71/2 months pregnant w/ my son, I had a gall bladder attack and believe me girl, I KNOW IT HURTS. I had an appt. that am and I told my ob what I was feeling and she told me to try Zantac and that if it didn't go away in 2 hrs. call her back. Well, I was in the er w/in an hr. and on Morphine in the exam room in the er. By the x they decided to admit me and I was in a room, I was on Demerol every 4 hrs. bc the pain was soooo bad. I had my son on 8/31/98 an in mid October, I had my gall bladder removed. I still get some pain (usually after I drink Pepsi or eat things w/ acid like spaghetti), it's nothing like it was b4 I had my gallbladder removed!!!!! Hope this helps and Good luck!!!
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I had gallbladder surgery in 1992 and they did the incision and took mine out,they can do the laser type and just bust the stones up,they can get in the ducts I was told that,and I know what you are going through,the pain is really bad and spicy foods makes it worse,once they do the surgery you should feel much better.good luck.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 8:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008