have you ever been further along then you thought you were? [hospital visit] advice please?

i thought i was only 11 weeks at the most but lastnight i thought something was wrong with the baby so i went to the hospital and im 14weeks and 3days along! but im fine and the babies okay! i have RH negative blood wtitch if i didnt get the shot they gave me lastnight i could have miscarried because the blood i have would attack and possibly kill the baby! i went because when i wiped i had pink on the toilet paper, and after wards when i came home i dropped some slimey stuff wit a little blood into the toilet.. i guess its just normal?

one doctor told me tht if i am gunna miscarry their nothing they can do so dont even come back to the hospital unless im bleeding really bad, tht they wont be able to help me...

but i did get a picture of my babies face!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rachelxbby

Asked by Rachelxbby at 1:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What a sweet little face :D
    MrsWilmot

Answer by MrsWilmot at 5:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• sorry didnt mean for the pic to be giant
    Rachelxbby

Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• do you have an ob yet?
    thye are rigth if u r going to misscarry ur going to misscarry and theres nouthing that can be done. not that im aware of anyways.. but that is kinda rude to tell you not to come back unless you were bleeding bleeding. . .
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 1:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• It is possible to be further along then what you originally thought because it is hard to know exactly when you ovulated unless you were taking ovulation tests and such prior to getting pregnant. Discharge and such is completely normal throughout pregnancy, so the doctor was right about that. The doctor was also right about the miscarriage thing. Doctors normally won't try to intervene until after 20 weeks, but a baby is not considered a viable life outside of the womb until 24 weeks I believe. Just make an appt with an OB/GYN asap to get your levels and such checked out.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Did they really give you the rhoGAM shot without giving you an antibody scan first? That seems odd. Here is my understanding of being rh negative. IF your blood mixes with the babies blood, which if it happened would normally occur during birth, then your immune system begins to make antibodies. It's not normally an issue for the first birth. A antibody scan is normally done around week 28 and if you're producing antibodies you would get the rhoGAM shot. You would then get another after the birth to protect any future children that have the same opposing blood type.

I know that's not the question you asked but I thought it might be useful for you to know.

jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• If she is negative and the baby's father is positive then the baby will be positive. Hence why they would give her the shot.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 2:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• lol that happen to me twice
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I didnt get the rogham shot until I was 7 mo with all 4 of mine, they also give one after the baby is born. Ugh, I am STILL hurting from that shot and the baby is 5 mo old!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2010