Flying with a baby??

We are moving in a few weeks and I will be flying from Phoenix to Chicago with my nine 1/2 month old son. The flight is a little over 3 hours. I have never flown with a baby before, I am hoping he'll sleep, but if he doesn't, any suggestions to keep him comfortable and entertained during the flight? Any general tips on flying alone with a baby? Dad is driving the truck out so it will just be me and my son flying. Appreciate any advice!

Sandie0819

Asked by Sandie0819 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• usually after take off you can turn on electronic devices. I would go to Best buy and grab their portable dvd player I think I paid 49.99 for Lucien's grab some of his favorite cartoons or shows on dvd and play him his videos during the flight. It always helps on what we know will be a long car ride for Lucien... Just make sure you charge it :D
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 11:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I would buy a few new toys. Things he's never seen before. That's what I did for my daughter when we had to be in the car for 21 hours. I went to the dollar store and got a few animals and some things that made small noises (so that she wouldn't bother anyone else). I hope this helps. Have a safe flight!
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am flying to in a month with my son who will be about 10 months, my flight will be about 5 and a half hours though lol. I have heard that one of the best things to do for them during landing and take off is to give him something to suck on so his ears dont bug him, give him like a pacifier or a bottle to drink on.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 12:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am flying in exactly a week with my almost 6 month old, and I've heard the same thing about letting them suck on a pacifier or bottle during take off and landing. Other than that, I can tell you what it was like when I get back!!! lol
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• taking of and landing was the worst for my daughter.... probably cuz of the ear popping sensation... have lots of activites and snacks... and my daughter LOVED LOVED LOVED... looking out the window and relizing she was In the clouds lol....
    ladiesfirst

Answer by ladiesfirst at 2:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2008