Has this happened to anyone else...my printer is junk from not using it for 3 months??

We bought a new computer and no longer had the disk to install our all in one lexmark. I called the company and they ran a test to see if it still worked and it doesn't!! I am flaming mad. They said it happens sometimes when they sit without being uses. But seriously 3 months!! We only had the stupid thing for 6 months before the computer bit the dust. Sorry about the rant but I am so annoyed. And to top it of the customer service guy was rude....

silly2plustwins

Asked by silly2plustwins at 1:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• to see if what still worked? You should be able to Lexmark.com and download the drivers and be all set...Maybe I missed what was wrong? Some of the customer service people are dummies, maybe try calling again to get a different person?
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• They asked how long it had been since it had been used and I said 3 months. They then had me run a test by holding down the feed button while it was turned off and hit the power on button while holding it. It did not suck the paper in and the power button was blinking and he said this meant it didn't work anymore.
    silly2plustwins

Comment by silly2plustwins (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Oh, wow...can't say I've ever heard of that before-- and I've had a lot of printer problems...At any rate I think 3 months is a very short period of time, i could see if it sat for a year or so but 3 mths- thats a little crazy --
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• Can I just say I think you are being scam into getting a new printer or something. I've never heard of anything like this. We've had printers that have sat around here for YEARS and they still work! Personally I would forget what the guy send on the phone. I would find the drivers for the printer online, download and install them and see about the printer working. Light blinking....hmmm..... That just doesn't sound right. For all you know it could just be a simple paper jam!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2010

• I have heard of the ink cartridges not being good after 3 months, because the ink can actually dry up. I have NEVER, ever had a problem with the actual printer going back just because it sat for 3 months. I would make sure you have the correct drivers downloaded from their site, and then inside the set up, go to print test page. Make sure there isn't a piece of paper jammed inside. I agree with the person that said they are trying to scam you into buying a new printer! They are shady like that!!
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 26, 2010